|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Associated acts||The Allknowing, Unbroken|
Following the birth of his first child in 1993, Lombardo formed Grip Inc. with Voodoocult guitarist Waldemar Sorychta. The pair recruited bassist Jason Viebrooks and vocalist Gus Chambers to complete the line-up, releasing their debut record Power of Inner Strength (1995), distributed via Metal Blade Records.
Prior to the album's release Lombardo described leaving Slayer as a career low, because he did not know what type of music to play. AllMusic reviewer Vincent Jeffries singled out Lombardo for praise on the album, remarking that Slayer fans "will enjoy the drummer's double bass work and overall aggression throughout the disc." Sorychta said critics and music fans always spot mistakes in their music, because of Lombardo's popularity with Slayer – expecting the band to sound like Slayer and complain. However, when Lombardo uses the double bass drum, Sorychta said people complain "now Grip Inc. sound exactly like Slayer."
The band released Nemesis in 1997. Jeffries praised Lombardo's "crushing drum work" which takes center stage on the album. Bassist Viebrooks left the band and was replaced by Stuart Carruthers in 1997. With a new bassist, the band released Solidify in 1999, which was described as a step towards "progressive and exotic rhythms, structures, and instrumentations, while never compromising intensity" by Jeffries.
- Gus Chambers – vocals (1993–2006; died 2008)
- Dave Lombardo – drums, percussion (1993–2006)
- Waldemar Sorychta – guitars (1993–2006), bass (1999–2006)
- Chaz Grimaldi – bass (1993)
- Bobby Gustafson – guitar (1993)
- Jason Viebrooks – bass (1993–1997)
- Stuart Carruthers – bass (1997–1999)
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Power of Inner Strength||91||—||—||—|
|Hostage to Heaven EP||
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
|1994||"Ostracized"||Power of Inner Strength|
|2004||"The Answer"||Kobayashi Mediaverbund||Incorporated|
|"Curse (Of the Cloth)"|
- Lolk. "Waldemar Sorychta interview". antenna.nu. Archived from the original on October 11, 2004. Retrieved January 10, 2006.
- Linsday, Cam. "Dave Lombardo interview". exclaim. Retrieved August 19, 2007.
- Jeffries, Vincent. "Biography - Grip Inc". AllMusic. Retrieved June 11, 2007.
- Jeffries, Vincent. "Power of Inner Strength - Review". AllMusic. Retrieved July 23, 2007.
- Lolk. "Waldemar Sorychta interviewed by Lolk". Antenna.nu. Archived from the original on October 11, 2004. Retrieved February 18, 2007.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 8, 2014. Retrieved September 8, 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Dutch Charts - dutchcharts.nl". dutchcharts.nl.
- "lescharts.com - Les charts français". lescharts.com.
- "greekcharts.com - Greek charts portal". October 12, 2012. Archived from the original on October 12, 2012.
- "Power of Inner Strength by Grip Inc". Apple Music.
- "Nemesis by Grip Inc". Apple Music.
- "Solidify by Grip Inc". Apple Music.
- "DAVE LOMBARDO's GRIP INC. To Pay Tribute To Late Frontman GUS CHAMBERS With 'Hostage To Heaven' EP". Blabbermouth.net. May 12, 2015. Retrieved December 24, 2020.